It is official. According to the Commerce Department, President Obama had the worst economic record out of the 12 presidents since World War II. They confirmed that it was the fourth worst in the entire history of the United States.
The fourth quarter of 2016 was 2.1% for a grand total of 1.6% for the entire year. He has the dubious distinction of being the ONLY president never to achieve 3% growth during his entire presidency.
In addition, he left the USA in deep debt by almost doubling our nation debt. It was $10 trillion when he became president but his economic policies resulted in a $19 trillion debt when he left office. The $9 trillion he accumulated is a negative record because he outspent ALL presidents since George Washington.
This is an exceedingly poor record yet liberals and Democrats praise him as being one of the greatest presidents. It only showcases their ignorance and lack of concern for the American people.
Here is the Commerce Department’s Presidential Growth Tally:
- Johnson (1964-68), 5.3 percent
- Kennedy (1961-63), 4.3 percent
- Clinton (1993-2000), 3.9 percent
- Reagan (1981-88), 3.5 percent
- Carter (1977-80), 3.3 percent
- Eisenhower (1953-60), 3 percent
- Nixon (1969-74), 2.8 percent
- Ford (1975-76), 2.6 percent
- H.W. Bush (1989-92), 2.3 percent
- W. Bush (2001-08), 2.1 percent
- Truman (1946-52), 1.7 percent
- Obama (2009-16), 1.6 percent