After living through the presidencies of 13 different presidents, I have never witnessed what has been happening with president elect Trump. He is Not official sworn in as president but already he has started to perform the functions and duties of a president. World leaders in business and politics are already communicating with him. In addition, he is changing the internal politics of the USA by initiating his campaign promises.
Here are some facts that should give Americans confidence that they elected a man who intends to “Make America Great Again”.
- Unlike the Clintons who maintained their connections to the Clinton Foundation while Hillary was in the Senate and Secretary of State, Trump is abolishing his foundation to avoid conflict of interest.
- Soft Bank of Japan pledged to Trump they were going to pump 50 billion into the American economy and create 50,000 jobs
- IBM will be hiring 25,000 workers because of Trump’s pledge to lower corporate taxes and get rid of job killing regulations
- World leaders have contacted Trump to work with him.
- Trump’s cabinet appointments are all people who have real-world experience rather than having academics who don’t.
- Boeing and Lockheed were warned by Trump that their overly costly planes would not be accepted and they have agreed to cut all unnecessary expenses.
- Wall Street set new records after he was elected.
- Business optimism has risen to a new high not seen in over a decade.
- The dollar has gained in value since his election.
- Putin has stated that he is willing to visit the US if Trump invites him and expects US-Russian relations to return to normal.
Putin’s comments have been very telling. Remember the childish Hillary Clinton RESET BUTTON fiasco? Obviously there was no reset. The fact that Putin stressed ties between our nation and Russia can return to normal is very revealing. I’ll repeat that, “…return to normal.”
Putin is aware that Trump understands power politics. Trump negotiates from a position of strength. He believes in “Peace Through Strength”. Trump made it very, very clear on the campaign trail that he would rebuild our military. A resurgent US military is something for the Russians to fear; however, Trump offered an olive branch to the Russians when he said he would be willing to meet with Putin and enter into negotiations. Putin seems receptive to Trump’s remarks.
It is conceivable that Trump and Putin can negotiate an alliance against terrorism. Russia has been targeted by Moslem radical terrorists like the US. If the two powers unite against terrorism, it could be a game changer in the war on terrorism.