Tina Griego is a Free-Lance reporter for the Denver Post. She writes some really good stuff and she is a strong advocate for LEGAL immigration. Here she presents facts ignored by liberals and the media.
Here are 14 reasons illegal aliens have created a financial burden on American taxpayers:
- $14 billion to $22 billion dollars are spent each year on welfare to illegal aliens (that’s Billion with a ‘B’)
- $7.5 billion dollars are spent each year on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
- $12 billion dollars are spent each year on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they still cannot speak a word of English
- $27 billion dollars are spent each year for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
- $3 Million Dollars ‘PER DAY’ is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens. That’s $1.2 Billion a year.
- 28% percent of all federal prison inmates are illegal aliens.
- $190 billion dollars are spent each year on illegal aliens for welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.
- $200 billion dollars per year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.
- The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that’s two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US.
- During the year 2005, there were 8 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our southern border with as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from other terrorist countries. Over 10,000 of those were middle-eastern terrorists. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin, crack, guns, and marijuana crossed into the U.S. from the southern border.
- The National Policy Institute, estimates that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion, or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.
- In 2006, illegal aliens sent home $65 BILLION in “remittances” (un taxed money) back to their countries of origin, to their families and friends.
- The dark side of illegal immigration: Nearly one million sex crimes are committed by illegal immigrants in the United States!
The total cost to US citizens and taxpayers is a whopping $538.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR …. That is $1/2 TRILLION $taxes$ per year!